[ARCHIVE] Call for 2013 Area Choreographers Festival Submissions
THE CALL FOR THE 2013 AREA CHOREOGRAPHERS FESTIVAL SUBMISSIONS HAS PASSED.
The information below is for reference, only.
For 2014 Area Choreographers Festival Submission guidelines, please check back later and join our mailing list (be sure to indicate that you are a choreographer).
Contemporary Dance Theater has proudly supported the efforts of local artists for 40 years.
Each spring, Contemporary Dance Theater produces a Choreographers Without Companies Concert or an Area Choreographers Festival.
For the 2012-2013 Season, Contemporary Dance Theater will be presenting an Area Choreographers Festival. Choreographers who are part of a company, choreographers who have a company, and choreographers without companies may apply.
Choreographers may apply to present a new work or a reconstruction of a work.
Priority consideration will be given to artists with ties to the Greater Cincinnati region who are making contemporary dance and are seriously committed to choreographing for area professional-level dancers.
The deadline for the 2012-2013 season is November 5th, 2012 for the Area Choreographers Festival to take place May 3-4, 2013. Notices are expected to be sent by January 15, 2013.
Materials that are transmissible by email should be sent to email@example.com.
Applicants may send other completed application materials to:
Contemporary Dance Theater
Attn: Area Choreographers Festival
1805 Larch Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45224-2928
Applications for Choreographers Without Companies Need to include:
1. A video of recent work (within the last 3 years).
2. A bio (one page or more) of the choreographer (should include training and previous choreographic experience).
3. A description of the work; this should include as much information as is known at the time, such as: subject matter or style; accompaniment, number of dancers; length in minutes; new or reworked; technical demands; set and or costume issues; rehearsal needs or plans.
- The work may not exceed 15 minutes.
- The work cannot be a work created to satisfy an educational requirement (master’s project, thesis project, etc.).
- While new work is encouraged, a reworking of a piece will be considered.
- Applications that are late or substantially incomplete will not be considered, however all the information about the project need not be determined by submission time.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of peers and the finalists will be notified soon after.
Please email Artistic & Executive Director, Jefferson James at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (513) 591-2557.
Please share this call.