Kids Dance Classes Fall 2019
Being offered Fall Quarter
- Acrobatics/Tumbling for Dance – Level 2 (ages 7 and up) – Mondays 5:15-6:10pm
- Hip Hop for Kids (ages 8-12) – Mondays 6:15-7:00pm
- Introduction to Ballet & Modern (ages 5-8) – Tuesdays 6:45-7:30pm
- Shake and Create (Ages 3-5) – Wednesdays 6:00-6:40pm
- Acrobatics/Tumbling for Dance – Levels 1 & 2 (ages 7 and up) – Thursdays 5:15-6:05pm
- Ballet for Kids (ages 8-12) – Thursdays 6:15-7:00pm
- Registration deadline: Thursday, Sept 12. After deadline, $10 late fee will apply.
- Save $5 if you register by the Early Registration Deadline: Thursday, Aug 29.
- All kids classes require pre-registration (no drop-ins), and payment must accompany registration. Contact us if you miss the deadline, as a class may be cancelled if minimum registration is not met by the deadline. If we are accepting students after the deadline, there will be a $10 late fee added.
- Make-up classes that CDT cancels (due to instructor illness, inclement weather, vacation, etc) will be the week after the quarter.
- Register here on our website, by mail, or during class times (see adult/teen schedules) over the phone or in person: (513) 591-1222. Payment must be made when registering. For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Observe a class on Aug 27. See Introduction to Ballet & Modern (ages 5-8) on the last class of the Summer quarter, Tuesday, Aug 27, 6:45-7:30pm. Please let us know that you are coming: email@example.com or (513) 591-1222.
- Try-out a class for $5 for some of our Fall classes on these dates: Monday, Sept 9, Tumbling for Dance Level 2 at 5:15pm and Hip Hop for Kids at 6:15pm; and Thursday, Sept 12 Tumbling for Dance Levels 1 & 2 at 5:15pm. You may just drop-in, no pre-registration is required.
Kids Dance Classes Fall 2019 Registration Information
Schedule Variations or Special Announcements
Make sure you’re up-to-date on any special announcements or cancellations by “liking” us on Facebook
Please download the above forms (which include FAQs) before calling or emailing with questions.
After referring to these documents, please call (513) 591-1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to register.
Kids Dance Schedule
Tumbling/Acrobatics for Dance with Alissa Stachowski, Level 2, 5:15-6:10 – Ages 7 & up (Studio A)
This class will focus on tumbling and acrobatic skills that can be used in dance styles of Modern Dance, Hip Hop, or Musical Theater Dance. Students will start with fundamentals and progress at their own pace. This class is an advanced beginner level class for students who are working on fundamentals and variations on the fundamentals and then progressing beyond the fundamentals. This class will focus on proper technique and control, and not on doing advanced tricks. This class will not cover advanced tumbling. For ages 7 & up; teens and adults may also register.
Hip Hop for Kids with Jennifer McCoy, 6:15-7:00pm, Ages 8-12 (Studio C)
This hip hop class is open to beginners and experienced dancers, ages 8-12. Musicality and rhythm will be a focus as dancers learn & practice the foundations of hip hop. This will help them master all their favorite steps. They’ll also learn how to move across the floor and will learn short combinations. Students will also be able to work on freestyle technique, encouraging their own unique talents and creativity.
Introduction to Ballet & Modern with Allison Jacobs, Tuesdays 6:45-7:30pm – Ages 5-8 (Studio B)
This class will introduce your child to the fundamentals of Ballet and Modern.
Shake and Create with Allison Jacobs, Wednesdays 6:00-6:40 pm, Ages 3-5 (Studio B)
In this class, your child will be introduced to creative movement and dance. Your child will have an opportunity to jump, shake, spin and wiggle, while using their imagination! Fundamentals of dance, including ballet, will be explored with developmentally appropriate movement.
Tumbling/Acrobatics for Dance with Alissa Stachowski, Levels 1 & 2, 5:15-6:05pm, Ages 7 & up (Studio A)
This class will focus on tumbling and acrobatic skills that can be used in dance styles of Modern Dance, Hip Hop, or Musical Theater Dance. Students will start with fundamentals and progress at their own pace. This class is a beginner level class for new students, and also for students who are still working on fundamentals and variations on the fundamentals. This class will focus on proper technique and control. For ages 7 & up; teens and adults may also register.
Ballet for Kids, with Flora Leptak-Moreau, Thursdays 6:15-6:00pm, Ages 8-12 (Studio B)
This Ballet class is open to girls and boys ages 8-12. Barre and center exercises will be taught and practiced, as students learn proper technique and ballet vocabulary. Musicality, stretching and muscle strengthening will be emphasized. New students are welcome.
Shake and Create & Introduction to Ballet & Modern — ALLISON JACOBS has been dancing and teaching in greater Cincinnati and New York City for the past twenty years. Her dance training is primarily focused on Ballet and Modern. Allison is also well versed in Tap, Jazz, Hip-hop, Musical Theater, Swing, and Contact Improvisation. Her dance teaching experience has been at Tanze Performing Arts Studio, Hamilton Ballet Theater, Miami Valley Ballet Theater, Long Island University, Contemporary Dance Theater, Ballet Tech, and Fresh Air Fund. Most recently, Allison has taught dance for Contemporary Dance Theater, Cincinnati Waldorf School, Cincinnati Public Schools, MamLuft&Co. Dance, as well as for the University of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Public Libraries. In addition to teaching dance, Allison is a graduate of Northern Kentucky University with a degree in Psychology and minors in dance, honors, sociology, and art history. and has a Master of Library Science degree from Kent State University. Currently she works for the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County. For more information regarding her classes, please feel free to email her at email@example.com. Allison also teaches Ballet Basics: Stretch and Strengthen Levels 1 & 2, for adults & teens.
Ballet for Kids – FLORA LEPTAK-MOREAU is a graduate of the Edna Manley College of Visual and Performing Arts in Kingston, Jamaica; SUNY, Brockport, and University of Toledo with degrees in Dance, Education, and Technology. In her native island of Dominica, she was a principal dancer with Waitukubili, the National Dance Theatre of Dominica, and the founder and director of the Dominica Children’s School of Dance in 1985. When she moved to Cincinnati, she established Kai Kweol Caribbean Music and Dance, which produced educational and entertaining programs. Flora has taught and performed in Cincinnati in many schools and venues, including performances in CDT’s Area Choreographer’s Festival and Performance & Time Arts shows. Currently she teaches Language Arts at Chase Elementary school.
Tumbling/Acrobatics for Dance – ALISSA STACHOWSKI grew up taking classes in acrobatics & gymnastics, as well as dance and baton twirling. She has a BA degree in Dance from The University of Akron, with an emphasis on ballet & modern dance, and has taught dance, tumbling, and fitness classes to kids and adults. Her classes focus on proper form, strength and flexibility, and progressing at an individual pace. She and her daughter also participate in circus arts and parkour classes. Alissa also teaches the Modern Basics 1 & 2, Tap Basics 1 & 2, and Ballet Basics 3 classes for adults & teens. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hip Hop for Kids – JENNIFER MCCOY has loved to dance her entire life. After becoming obsessed with Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” album at age 5, she knew it was something she wanted to do forever. She learned hip hop on her own (hip hop classes didn’t exist), watching countless music videos, dancing with friends in basements, back yards, playgrounds, and clubs. She danced in a studio setting a few years, also doing gymnastics and cheerleading, and eventually went on to graduate from NKU with a minor in dance. Jennifer also loves and teaches ballet, jazz and tap, but hip hop is in where her passion lies. She dances with her performance team called 7th Station Dance Squad and is also a wife, mom and dog mom to her awesome family.
Contemporary Dance Theater is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.