Kids Dance Classes Summer 2015
The Fall Quarter Schedule is available now HERE!
Being offered Summer Quarter
- Zumba® Kids, Jr (Ages 4-7) – Mondays 5:30-6:15 pm – FREE TRY IT OUT CLASS, Monday, July 13, 5:30-6:15pm
- Hip Hop for Kids (Ages 8-12) – Mondays 6:15-7:00 pm
- African Dance for Kids (Ages 6-10) – Tuesdays 5:30-6:15pm Session 1 only
- Breakdance for Kids (Ages 6-12, 1st grade and up) – Tuesdays 6:15-7:15 pm
- Introduction to Dance (Ages 5-8) – Wednesdays 6:15-7:15 pm
- Ballet for Girls (Ages 7-11) – Thursdays 5:05-6:05 pm
- Shake and Create (Ages 3 & 4) – Thursdays 6:15-7:00 pm
- Session 1: June 1 – July 18
- Session 2: July 20 – Sept 5
- Register for one or both sessions
- All kids classes require pre-registration (no drop-ins). Deadline for registration is 3 days before the first class.
- We are still accepting registrations for ALL kids classes as of Monday, July 20th.
- Observe a class on these Session 1 dates ONLY, then sign up for Session 2!
- Monday, July 13th: Zumba, Kids Jr, ages 4-7 TRY IT OUT FOR FREE! (5:30-6:15pm)
- Monday, July 13th: Hip Hop for Kids, ages 8-12 (6:15-7:00pm)
- Tuesday, July 14th: Breakdancing for Kids, ages 6-12 (6:15-7:15pm)
- Wednesday, July 15, Introduction to Dance, ages 5-8 (6:15-7:15pm)
- Thursday, July 16th: Ballet for Girls, ages 7-11 (5:05-6:05pm)
- Thursday, July 16th: Shake & Create, ages 3 & 4 (6:15-7:00pm)
Register during class times (Mon-Thurs 5:45-8:45, Sat 10:15-12:15), over the phone or in person: (513) 591-1222.
Or download a registration form and mail it in with payment.
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall quarter will begin on Wednesday, September 9th. A class schedule will be posted here by August 1st or sooner.
Kids Dance Classes Summer 2015 Registration Information
Please download the above forms (which include FAQs) before calling or emailing with questions.
After referring to these documents, please call (513) 591-1222 or email email@example.com for questions or to register.
Kids Dance Schedule
Introduction to Dance, Ballet for Girls, and Shake and Create — ALLISON JACOBS has been dancing and teaching in greater Cincinnati and New York City for the past twenty years. Her dance training is primarily focused on Ballet and Modern. Allison is also well versed in Tap, Jazz, Hip-hop, Musical Theater, Swing, and Contact Improvisation. Her dance teaching experience has been at Tanze Performing Arts Studio, Hamilton Ballet Theater, Miami Valley Ballet Theater, Long Island University, Contemporary Dance Theater, Ballet Tech, and Fresh Air Fund. Most recently, Allison has taught dance for Contemporary Dance Theater, Cincinnati Waldorf School, Cincinnati Public Schools, MamLuft&Co. Dance, as well as for the University of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Public Libraries. In addition to teaching dance, Allison is a recent graduate of Northern Kentucky University with a degree in Psychology and minors in dance, honors, sociology, and art history. Currently she works for the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, and is attending graduate school for a degree in Library Science. For more information, please feel free to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Allison also teaches Ballet Basics: Stretch and Strengthen for Ages 13-Adult.
Breakdancing for Kids — BRENT FIELDS holds a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science from Morehead State University and is an American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Exercise Physiologist and Personal Trainer. He has worked with Jaron Joiner and danced in an opening performance for Lupe Fiasco, Juvenile, and other artists, City Nights (Northern Kentucky), Fountain Square Slam Concert Series (Cincinnati), and community events as a Breaker/B-Boy/Hip-Hop dancer. He has professional audition experience (Cirque Du Soleil and Paula Abdul’s Dance Show). Brent also teaches Breakdancing for Adults and Mature Teens.
Zumba® Kids, Jr. and Hip Hop for Kids — CANDICE WORTHAM is a mother of two and a Licensed practical nurse. Her passion is dance, where she gets to share her skills and knowledge with children and adults that share that same passion. She has been trained in the areas of ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, modern, lyrical, tumbling, and cheerleading. She has over 10 years of experience in teaching all ages of kids and adults with various studios and organizations. She also has training in creative movement and mommy & me. Candice is a Licensed Zumba fitness instructor with a specialty license in Zumba Kids and Zumba Kids Jr.
African Dance for Kids – SHAKIRA ADAMS holds a Bachelors of Science in Dance Education, a Bachelors of Science in Music Education, and a Masters of Education in Sports Medicine from Bowling Green State University and a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from University of Cincinnati. She spent some time in West Africa, Ghana, training in traditional West African dance and brought African dance back to Northwest Ohio, teaching children, adults, dancers and non-dancers. She led and choreographed the Bowling Green State University Afro-Caribbean Dance Ensemble for five years. Shakira has taught African dance workshops and performed throughout Ohio. In Cincinnati she has taught children’s classes in dance and science in many places, including the Cincinnati Family Enrichment Center and The Super Saturday Program. Shakira also teaches African Dance for adults & teens.
Contemporary Dance Theater is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.